Monday, October 18, 2010

A Great point...

I came across an article that I found very interesting. It makes some valid points and explores some things I think every artist has gone through. I have included the link below for the full article, but One thing that really stuck out to me was at the begining... Chris Solarski is talking about how art influences media and vice versa...

The notion that artistic ability is a divine gift has proliferated throughout history -- it's an idea often propagated by artists themselves. However, Michelangelo, the Renaissance genius did, in fact, experience the odd lousy day of drawing just like the rest of us. He burned many of his sketches to conceal the intense work and discipline that was vital to the creation of his masterpieces.

"If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all."


Its a great thought. Michelangelo burning his crappy sketchbooks... I just thought I would share this with you.

Full Article Here

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Thanks! That makes me feel so much better about my lame sketches. Thanks for sharing.

Cassie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.